Wednesday, May 25, 2011

"In your own way, you can illuminate the world"

In this day and age, a great amount of respect has been lost. Hopes have been shattered; dreams, smothered. Faith remains with few but only by a mere fiber.

As rare as it has become, there are a few great people in this world. Great examples on how to be human who continue to have hope, faith and respect for humanity.

I am inspired by the example of Oprah Winfrey. Her selflessness, diligence and love for all mankind. She sees nothing but hope in each day, each event and in each life she encounters. I may not ever have my own television show, millions of dollars, or the profoundness she has in speaking but through observation; that is all irrelevant when it comes to making a difference in the world of others.

Where are the rest of the "Oprah's" of our world? Do they exist? We can only hope. I know that I have a renewed perspective in the ability I have to make a difference in someones life. I will try each day to be a better person than I was yesterday. I will see the suns rays through the rain and I most definitely will not give up on myself and the things I wish to achieve.

"What I knew for sure from this experience with you is that we are all called. Everybody has a calling, and your real job in life is to figure out what that is and get about the business of doing it."

I endlessly thank you for that example and inspiration...

No comments:

Post a Comment