Sunday, May 24, 2009

My Day at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonians


On Friday, the girls and I went to see Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonians which, if anyones seen it yet, made me want to steal a name badge of a security guard and go see whats underneath it all. Supposedly its 3-stories deep of old archived documents and "objects."
This picture was the Smithsonian Castle which is basically used as an information center but had a few little exhibits like furniture from 17-1800's. They also had the set from Night at the Museum...

I took a short little video of a room in the castle and the architecture was so beautiful!



This is a little indian shoe exhibit from a few different tribes. I had to keep reminding myself that everything in the museums are originals- so crazy.
I thought the little ones were so cute.

After the Castle, we went to the Museum of Natural History- I can't believe how much stuff is in there! You could spend all day and still not see everything! Im going to just post a few pictures.


This is a video of the lobby from the 2nd floor balcony of the museum.



First we went to, what I like to call, "DINO VALLEY!" They just called it the Dinosaur exhibit, boring if you ask me.



I was waiting for Rexy to play fetch but I think only the guards do that after midnight.

Next we went to the Mammal exhibit- that was really cool if you like to see real (but dead) animals looking like their going to pounce on you or eat you alive.

Dexter and his little friend.

After the mammals, we went to the Gem exhibit, which I like to call "Heaven." They had the Hope Diamond which a is 45-carat blue diamond on a platinum chain and the chain has 45 diamonds around it. It didn't say how much it was worth but I think I preferred not to know. I probably would have thrown up if I knew how much it was. My thought is why would anyone donate that to the exhibit...Hello?! Cash that baby in!
The diamond belonged to Harry Winston and MAILED this diamond to the museum and insured the package for only $150. I think I'd have to be institutionalized with anxiety until I knew it got there safe!


They had a map of recent diamond findings and believe it or not, Dallas was on the map. Mom and Dad, when Josh and I get back to Dallas, we have Family Home Evening covered...digging for diamonds in the backyard!


Check these diamonds out! These would make a great anniversary present babe! haha, I'm just kidding...no but really. ;)

Time to head home- this is the Metro- basically the only safe bet to get around.



That was about the end of our tour for the day, it was crowded and hot- we were all ready to get home and hit the pool. We covered 2 of the 19 Smithsonian's (I think that's what they said!)

I'll post again soon. XOXO!

No comments:

Post a Comment