Thursday, August 6, 2009

Chesapeake Bay: Take 2

Well last Sunday we did a little more research on the internet hoping to find a MUCH better beach to lay on as opposed to Kent Island. Alas, SANDY POINT BEACH. Clean sand, no washed up "monsters", and a crabbing area- which was Josh's reason for going.

A few other couples wanted to come so we decided to make a day out it. We headed to a seafood restaurant called Cantler's in Annapolis which was right on the bay. They had extemely fresh crab seeing as how they could basically walk their catch up to the crab boilers themselves. I wasn't too hungry so I got a kids crab cake- it was pretty good but Josh's was...oh my- A MOUND of mussels, oysters and 3 whole crab and an ear of corn. Although, I was quite suprised how much/or little meat you can get from one crab. The guys pretty much hammered the crab to crumbs trying to find all the meat. My one crab cake must have come from 50 crabs!




Here's a group shot of everyone that went that day.



After lunch, we headed to the beach. We found a bait store and Josh bought a crab net and some chicken necks...TASTY! (yuck.) My camera died at this point so all these pictures, I bummed from Sam and Tash. Thanks girls! haha.



Not sure where Josh was in this picture...probably playing with the crab he caught. (Yes, he did catch one. He can now say his summer is complete.)

Speaking of catching crab...look what else we caught. A ball of goo! A jellyfish. None of us girls swam after this.


We, well Zach, caught something else too but I dont think anyone will believe me. Good thing I have a picture for proof! What do you get with boys, seagulls, a slipknot and Doritos?

A SEAGULL KITE! He literally caught a seagull by the ankle. Wait, do birds even have ankles?! Watching this was probably the most entertaining part of our day. Oh wait...


Now, the day is complete. It was such a fun day but we were exhausted and the sun was going down. Time to head home...

2 comments:

  1. That jellyfish is pretty big! I love the "seagull kite", that's hilarious!! Tell Josh congrats on his big catch =). Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Alley-oop! That was such a fun day!!! I am so glad we were able to go before we all head home! "Seagull Kite"...ha ha...I love it! It was so funny! Good thing Sammy and Landon brought the Doritos to keep our hubbies entertained!!! Talk to you tomorrow! Love you!

    ReplyDelete