Thursday, August 20, 2009

Past few weeks...

It's been a few weeks since I've blogged...honestly, I shouldn't be blogging right now anyway- we have a whole apartment to pack up and be ready to start our haul back to Utah this weekend.
Since the last blog, both Josh and I had our birthdays! His is Aug 11th and mine is the 16th. My dad's birthday is also the 16th. Its a little bittersweet having always shared a birthday and a cake with dad but now that we're away from Texas, I can share it with my husband. So it's still fun! We didn't do too much though because of Josh's schedule but I made him a stack of birthday french toast complete with powdered sugar and a candle and bought him a pair of shoes that he LOVES and 2 shirts to start his back to school wardrobe. That night we went to dinner and a movie but afterwards we were still too full and it was way late so unfortunatly, he didnt get his birthday cake until the next day. He didnt complain.
For my birthday, it was a Sunday so I got Josh to myself for the day. We ran some errands (which I dont mind, as long as we're together) and ate at my favorite burger place, Five Guys. It was delicious and probably the last time we'll eat it here in DC. Sad. We came home and he made the cutest white round cake covered in colorful sprinkles and sang me happy birthday. It was cute and I love him to death!
Yesterday, I realized most of the wives have left already and I didnt feel like sitting at home so I begged Josh to let me go out with him and sell for the day. I think he thought I was going to complain and want to give up a few hours into the day but I think I could have stuck out even longer than he did. It was fun to watch him do what he does everyday and for his customers to think we're co-workers instead of actually being husband and wife. haha, (little did they know...)
Today, the clocks tickin', getting closer to Saturday! I cant be anymore excited to leave DC. It was fun when we had sights to go see and things to do but after youve done all those things- you realize that youre just in a big city, full of rude people whose only language is their car horns. Its pathetic. Anyway, this was just a quick update. Next time I write, we'll be in Utah!
WOO-HOO!
XOXO-

No comments:

Post a Comment